Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 2 at ASHA

Hello friends,

I have been able to log on to blogspot now...but won't have pictures up until 5th. They will be interesting shots from the streets of bangalore as well as from some of the work we have been doing so far.

Today was an incredible day of work...used songs and acting techniques with children to help them develop emotional awareness, emotional expression, eye contact and joint attention...but mostly had alot of fun and laughs with the kids...that is ALWAYS the top priority....Day 3 tomorrow where we are ending the workshop with some group presentations of the work they have done...

Tonight I am meeting with the Rotary of Bangalore to attempt to set up international cooperation for a general "US-India Autism Education Exchange"...at least getting the conversation and wheels rolling. Wish me luck.

I miss my wife and kids very much, having to stay in the moment to avoid getting a sore heart, I owe them so much for allowing me this time.

So, okay, pictures up in the next 3 days!! Stay tuned.

I am safe, happy, and loving the trip so far. Will likely see some elephants in the wild, Ghandi Museum, and a famous Temple in Madurai in 4-5 days...pictures to come!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Andrew

1 comment:

  1. We miss you, too! But we're so proud of the work you're doing... Can't wait to see pictures! Love you...

    Lizzie, Ingrid, Rowan and all

    ReplyDelete